For over 30 years, Jet Edge has provided industry leading ultra-high pressure waterjet systems and solutions that our customers use in their production environments. Based in St. Michael, Minnesota, we serve customers in a variety of industries in North America and worldwide. We are an equal opportunity employer providing employment and benefits to qualified employees.
Field Service Technician
We are seeking a full-time Field Service Technician in our Service department. The role supports our customer base by providing product knowledge and technical support for the installation, running and maintaining of the complete Jet Edge waterjet system product line.
Work assignments are varied, limited in scope and complexity based on the technician’s abilities. The Field Service Technician is expected to respond to customer’s needs with urgency and accuracy, in a professional and service oriented manner. He or she may need to also communicate customer needs and issues to production, customer service and outside sales. This role supports our value proposition of being a high-end provider of quality equipment with a professional, service-oriented support team.
- Installs equipment at customers' facilities.
- Performs field repair of waterjet system capital equipment.
- Trains users on maintenance and use of equipment both in the field and through in-house training programs.
- Completes in-house rebuild and testing of components, ranging from small assemblies to refurbishing units.
- Provides technical phone support
- Documents field failure data for engineering analysis.
- Uses calibration devices to ensure equipment is per manufacturer specifications.
- Works with Service Manager in understanding and communicating field support status.
- Works with other departments including Engineering, Outside Sales, Accounting, Purchasing, Production Scheduling and Shipping to provide requested information.
- Engages customer contact to evaluate additional equipment needs, forwarding leads for follow up as necessary.
- Supports other work areas as required and perform other duties as assigned.
- Completion of a formal technical program in Fluid Power or Robotics preferred and 1 year related experience.
- Proven mechanical ability with hydraulic and mechanical components such as bearings and screws.
- Proficiency in reading electrical schematics and troubleshooting electrical circuits and components.
- Proficiency in reading engineering part and assembly drawings including geometric tolerance.
- Ability to use calibration equipment (laser, ball bar, calipers, etc.)
- Experience in CAD/CAM software.
- Positive attitude with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Sound decision-making in difficult situations.
- Ability to handle high volume customer calls.
- Good product knowledge that provides customer support.
- Competency in Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Service attitude with excellent follow through and follow up.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must have a clean driving record, able to obtain/maintain US passport, and pass a background check.
- Speak, read and write fluent English.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Facility/office is clean and well-lit.
- Field work conditions may vary greatly depending on setting; factory, outside field contractor setting, etc.
- Full time position and must have the ability to work flexible hours and overtime when needed.
- While traveling for this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time.
- Regularly required to bend, stand, climb ladders.
- Must be capable of lifting 75 pounds.
- Travel required 50-75% of the time, by plane or by car.
- Some international travel required.
Please send your resume and cover letter to HR@JetEdge.com.